Congratulations to our good friends over at No Proscenium for releasing episode 150.
We’ve been on No Pro a few times and had so many wonderful conversations with Noah. This is by far my favorite discussion that we’ve ever recorded. (I wish that we had recorded our in-person conversation about consent in experiences that we had over dinner and drinks a few months ago.)
In This Episode
Michael Andersen of ARG.net joined us to discuss spoilers, when they matter, and the nuance of how they affect the experience. It’s a fun philosophical conversation that Noah did a fantastic job of grounding.
This was the first time that we got to speak with Michael, which was incredibly exciting because we’ve been fans of his for a long time.
Also, there was a little bit of lag and overlap between our recordings so transition points sound like we’re stepping on each other just a bit. There are also some long pregnant pauses that are a byproduct of the same problem.
The conversation starts up at the 11 minute mark.
Around the 40 minute mark I start up on a rant about companies with beautiful games, but who refuse to publish photographs.
Here are the posts, articles, and videos that we referenced in this episode:
- Strange Bird Immersive – The Man From Beyond [Review] (Room Escape Artist)
- Spoilers Don’t Spoil Anything, Jonah Lehrer (WIRED)
- Simulacra Games: The Wilson Wolfe Affair (Kickstarter)
- The Wilson Wolfe Affair’s Pumpkin Zoetrope puzzle (YouTube):
- Felicia Day plays The Basement (YouTube):
- Escape This Podcast
- The Basement – The Boiler Room Streamed (YouTube):