Escape Room News:
This month, we are introducing an escape room newsletter. Feel free to share your news with us.
Washington, DC (metro area)
- Ravenchase Adventures is moving their popular Supervillains game from their location in Herndon, VA to their newer location in Arlington, VA.
- Exit Plan in Leesburg, VA is opening Escape Santa’s Workshop for this holiday season.
New Orleans, LA
- Escape My Room presents Escape Extinction Sharks at the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans. This is a 60-minute, family-friendly escape room, where your mission is to save sharks from going extinct. It opens on November 13.
- Tickets for this December’s Club Drosselmeyer are now on sale. This immersive event combines swing dancing, a fantastic band, magic, acrobatics, puzzles, intrigue, a beautiful setting, and lots of interaction. Read our reviews of the previous years’ shows. We will be attending the December 16 show. We hope to see you there!
Kansas City, MO
- THE BASEMENT is famous for their horror escape rooms in Los Angeles, and more recently Las Vegas. They are now open in Kansas City, MO.
New York, NY
- Mission Escape Games has moved to Midtown and opened a new game called Escape Operation End of Days.
- Escape the Room NYC has opened two new games: Jurassic Escape & Meltdown.
- Bane Escape and Haunted House is moving to Manhattan. They will be taking over the space of the former Sound Factory and Pacha nightclub on West 46th Street across from the Intrepid. They are scheduled to move in December.
- On November 5, we are co-hosting an Everything Immersive Meetup with our friends at No Proscenium. This event is for those interested in, passionate about, or working within escape rooms and other immersive arts & entertainment in New York City.
Pocono Mountains, PA
- Trap Door is re-opening Cure Z at their new location in Bartonsville, PA. Producer Tone Purzycki says that this Cure Z massively expands on the original with not just double the space, but double the story and puzzle content.
Nashville, TN (metro area)
- The Escape Game has opened a third location in Nashville in Opry Mills. This location now hosts Gold Rush and Special Ops. Their Downtown and Berry Hill locations are still operating these games, and others.
- Locked Murfreesboro (in Murfreesboro, TN, outside of Nashville) will run Escape Murfreesboro: Prohibition! Find the Speakeasy! on November 18, 2018. This is their second city-wide puzzle event. According player Rex Miller, “the first event was really fun with a lot of interesting puzzles and surprises spread all across the town.” Sign up at Locked Murfreesboro.
Las Vegas, NV
- The terrifying horror escape room Zoe is now open at Bally’s in Las Vegas, presented by Escaped Vegas. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster or at any Caesars property box office. Zoe was originally produced in Fullerton, CA by Escapade Games.
- Ninja Escape is hosting an escape room tournament. It runs through December 17th. Players can pay to enter a team and potentially win $1,000.
- Belgium: The first Belgian Escape Room Championship will take place in February, 2019. Qualifications start this fall. This event aims to promote escape rooms in Belgium. Teams must be 4 players, at least 2 of whom are Belgian.
- London, England: Time Run’s Sherlock: The Game is Now will open on December 8th. This game is set in the world of the BBC’s Sherlock. Read more about it in our interview with creative director Nick Moran.
- Berlin, Germany: The Room will open their new game Brandon Darkmoor on November 1st.
- EXIT VR® announces HUXLEY 2 – The Adventure Begins. It will be released before Christmas in Berlin and available for groups of 2 to 4 players. Starting in 2019, HUXLEY 2 will be available at 14 locations across 3 continents.
- Darren Miller presents Haunted House Hunt 2018, an online mini puzzle hunt.
Featured on REA
- There is now a Guinness World Record for most escape rooms played in 24 hours. Rich Bragg, Dan Egnor, Amanda Harris, and Ana Ulin played 22 escape rooms in one day! Read our interviews with them before the record attempt and after they successfully set the record.
How To Submit News
We’d love to include your news in future newsletters:
- Facility openings & closings
- Game openings & closings
- Special events
- Escape room-related intrigue
- Celebrity visits (if you have a post-game photo that we can publish)
All you need to do is send us your newsworthy information via our news submission form: