2020 has been challenging for escape room owners. In this video, 7 escape room owners open up about their experiences this year.
Featured Talk Information
Owning an Escape Room in 2020: An Owner Panel Reflecting on Where We Were, Where We Are, and Where We’re Going
Details: Originally presented on Monday, August 24 at 16:00 (New York)
- Lisa Spira of Room Escape Artist (moderator)
- Amy Philip of Escape Games PDX, Portland, OR, USA
- Anne Lukeman of CU Adventures, Champaign-Urbana, IL, USA
- Bogdan Dascalescu of Puzzle Punks, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Gijs Geers of DarkPark, Zoetermeer, Netherlands
- Megan Mouton of Clue Carré, New Orleans, LA, USA
- Seth Wolfson of Hourglass Escapes, Seattle, WA, USA
- Summer Herrick of Locurio, Seattle, WA, USA
Abstract: Nobody is having the year they envisioned on New Year’s Day 2020. At RECON, we feel it’s important to recognize this, and how escape rooms have been impacted by the state of our world. This group of owners will share the different ways they have reacted to the upheaval in the world and in their businesses. With a mixture of insights, and maybe a little group therapy, this panel documents what we hope will ultimately be a short-lived chapter in the history of escape rooms.
We invite you all – especially those owners out there who might feel alone – to join tomorrow’s group video watch and conversation in the RECON Discord.
Date: Tuesday, October 6
Time: video watching begins at 1:00pm Eastern
Location: The RECON Discord
If you never registered for RECON, you can register here.
About RECON ’20
RECON ’20 was Room Escape Artist’s digital escape room convention featuring 15 pre-recorded talks, live Q&As, and over 30 exhibitors. We had over 900 attendees from 62 countries watching and participating live.
Each of the 15 talks will be made available for free on our YouTube channel this fall. We’ll release one each week.
Please subscribe to the RECON Newsletter to receive updates on RECON ’21 – we are just getting started.