The show notes include the the episode summary, links to resources mentioned in the episode, the guest’s bio, and of course, the link to listen.
- Episode 9: Advent of Code: 25 Days of Programming Puzzles with Creator Eric Wastl
- Episode 8: The Puzzling Adventures of Master Word Nerd Eric Berlin
- Episode 7: The Analytics of Fun—Great Escape Room Design with Marie Huber and Nico César, Owners of Red Fox Escapes
- Episode 6: Nutcracker in Swing Time—Kellian & Brian Pletcher, Creators of Club Drosselmeyer
- Episode 5: Halloween Spooktacular Special
- Episode 4: Hey Riddle Riddle Plays The Shop of Theseus
- Episode 3: Pics or It Didn’t Happen with Christine Barger, The Haunt Girl
- Episode 2: Hard With Pain: Rich Bragg, Creator of TERPECA
- Episode 1: Replayability & Branching Narratives with Christian Vernon and Zac MacKrell, Creators of Doors of Divergence
Pre-Season for Season 6
- Bonus Content: RECON Remote 23 Recap
- Guest Appearance: REPOD Special Release: SAW(LVE) Hey Riddle Riddle with Peih-Gee Law
- Spoilers Club Special Release: Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Commentary from Not Another Escape Room’s Time Machine
- Guest Appearance: REPOD Special Release: Road to Reality with Peih-Gee Law
- Bonus Content: Theme Park Edition: Galaxy’s Edge, DASH, and… The Unhinged Rise of Mayor Law at Ghost Town Alive
- Episode 12: Optimizing Throughput: Matthew DuPlessie, Founder & CEO of Level99 & 5 Wits
- Episode 11: Golden Lock Grand Slam: Game Designer Mark Larson
- Episode 10: Stick to Your Guns: Taylor Pfyffer and Josh Skidmore from The Exit Games
- Episode 9: Wishes and Well-Wishes: Celebrating 50 Episodes of REPOD with David Spira and Peih-Gee Law
- Episode 8: Boundless Escapes: The Vast Worlds of Escape This Podcast with Bill Sunderland and Dani Siller
- Episode 7: The Widest Audience Possible: Sina Bahram, Inclusive Design Consultant
- Episode 6: Step Into the Darkverse: Gijs Geers, CEO and Head of Design at DarkPark
- Episode 5: Putting the Fun in Fungi – Joel Head from Headlock Escape Rooms
- Episode 4: You Are All Terrible: Advice from Magician & Comedian Harrison Greenbaum
- Episode 3: Leroux Botha, Executive Producer of Survivor South Africa
- Episode 2: Nurturing the Experience Economy with Farm-to-Spaceship: Linda Klein and Brian Corrigan
- Episode 1: Groundbreaking Immersive with Nick Moran, Co-Creator of Phantom Peak
Pre-Season for Season 5
- Bonus Content: Special Release: S4E4 Bonus Episode – Alexander Gierholz from Logic Locks
- Guest Appearance: Nerding Out with David Spira and Riley Stock: REPOD goes on The Community Board Game Show
- Recap: REPOD Season 4 – Key Moments: Editor’s Choice by Steve Ewing
- Episode 12: Season Wrap Up: Reflecting on a Season of Global Guests
- Episode 11: The Struggle for Greatness: Lukas Rauscher of Crime Runners, Austria
- Episode 10: Digging for a Pony: David Spigner, CEO of Boda Borg, Sweden(ish)
- Episode 9: Ukrainian Resilience: Tasha Tarkhanova, creator of Project Avatar, Ukraine
- Episode 8: Expansion & Hospitality: Mark Flint, CEO of The Escape Game, USA
- Episode 7: Fandoms & Foodies: Prolific Escape Room Designer Gai Bosco, Israel
- Episode 6: Blacklights and Blindsides: Dino Paulo, Survivor South Africa and owner of Hinthunt Africa
- Episode 5: Epic Proportions: Jonathan Driscoll and Sacha St.Denis, owners of Escaparium, Canada
- Episode 4: Holistic Game Design: Alexander Gierholz, creator of Amsterdam Catacombs, Netherlands
- Episode 3: The Doctor & The Alchemist: Creative Game Mechanics with Leanne Yong and Aaron Hooper of Next Level Escape, Australia
- Episode 2: Paradox Project, Greece: Dimitris Varelas and the Three Hour Escape Room
- Episode 1: Reconnecting with RECON
- Episode 12: RECON Boston 22: All About the Reality Escape Convention
- Episode 11: The Puzzler: Best-Selling Author A.J. Jacobs
- Episode 10: Environmental Storytelling: Jeff Leinenveber and Jarrett Lantz Creators of The Nest
- Episode 9: The Mailbag Episode
- Episode 8: Chris Waters: The Architect of Constructed Adventures
- Episode 7: Adrenaline Mapping and Escape Room Design with Tommy Honton, creator of Stash House
- Episode 6: Hillary Manning: Puzzle Design Expert on Create The Escape
- Episode 5: Matt Leacock: Creator of Pandemic
- Episode 4: The Nerd Whisperer: Gabby Pascuzzi of Survivor David vs. Goliath
- Episode 3: Interactive Narrative: Kathryn Yu of No Proscenium
- Episode 2: Pushing Boundaries Safely: Johanna Koljonen & Nordic Larp
- Episode 1: Art Meets Gameplay at Immersia Escape Games
- Episode 8: The Cinematic Delusions of Jon Braver
- Episode 7: The Puzzletales of Rita Orlov, creator of The Light in the Mist
- Episode 6: Puppets, Haunts, & Pranks—Brian Corbitt, Creator of Miss Jezebel
- Episode 5: RECON Rising: A Look Behind the Scenes at the Reality Escape Convention
- Episode 4: The King of Smash – Ken Hoang on Competitive Gaming
- Episode 3: Creative Alchemy: Sarah Zhang & The Pursuit of the Assassin Artist
- Episode 2: Nick Moran: Reinventing Escape Games with Innovative Structures
- Episode 1: The Curious Mind of Neil Patrick Harris, Creator of Box One
- Episode 8: Season Finale Wrap Up with Room Escape Artist Puppetmaster: Lisa Spira
- Episode 7: Chris Lattner: The Gordon Ramsay of Escape Rooms
- Episode 6: Anthony Robinson on Immersion, Larp, & Survivor
- Episode 5: Six Artists & One Programmer – Barry Meade on Creating The Room
- Episode 4: Escape Room Storytelling Through Spectacle, CU Adventures Anne & Chris Lukeman
- Episode 3: Juliana Moreno Patel and Ariel Rubin (Wild Optimists, Escape Room in a Box)
- Episode 2: Survivor Challenge Consultant Myles Nye (Wise Guys Events)
- Episode 1: Trailblazing Game Designer Elan Lee (ARG, Exploding Kittens)
- Episode 0: Blastoff! Room Escape Pod Launch 🚀
Welcome to The Reality Escape Pod, your lifeline when you need a getaway from the real world.
With this Podcast, your hosts David Spira & Peih-Gee Law explore immersive gaming from all angles, alongside guests with incredible experience in this realm.
Our guests have made awesome stuff: ARGs, puzzle hunts, tabletop games, and of course, escape rooms… to name a few. Our aim is to bring together different segments of the gaming world and share ideas between them.
The Reality Escape Pod is brought to you by co-hosts David Spira and Peih-Gee Law.
Room Escape Artist readers already know David. He’s one half of the driving force behind REA. They likely know Peih-Gee as well. She started writing for REA as a Hivemind reviewer early in 2020, and she hosted the Q&A sessions for RECON ‘20 Global.
David and Peih-Gee met, appropriately enough, when they both appeared as guests on No Proscenium’s podcast to discuss immersive gaming and Survivor (which Peih-Gee considers the world’s greatest immersive game). Peih-Gee is a former two-time contestant on Survivor and also an enthusiastic ambassador for the immersive gaming community.
In the course of working together on REA and RECON, David and Peih-Gee enjoyed countless conversations about the escape room industry, trading war stories and opinions on everything escape room related. And then it clicked… these conversations were the foundation of the podcast David had been eyeing.
The Reality Escape Pod is produced as a season of episodes. Each podcast is a structured 45-75 minute interview with a knowledgeable guest.
While in-season, episodes are released once a week for free wherever you listen to podcasts.
Bonus companion episodes (for each weekly episode!) are available exclusively for REA Patreon backers.
Sponsors & Supporters
The Reality Escape Pod is brought to you by:
Morty is a free app for discovering, planning, tracking, and reviewing your escape rooms and other immersive social outings.
- Morty now features haunt attractions!
- Morty for Android is here.
Special Badge for REPOD listeners:
You can learn more at MortyApp.com/REPOD to sign up and get a special badge for our listeners. (This works for existing users too!)
Buzzshot is Escape Room Software, Powering Business Growth, Player Marketing, and improving the Customer Experience. They offer an assortment of pre and post game features including robust waiver management, branded team photos, and streamlined review management for Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google Reviews, and Morty. Buzzshot now has integration with the other REPOD sponsors: Morty and COGS.
Special Offer for REPOD Listeners:
REPOD listeners get an extended 21-day free trial plus 20% off your first 3 months, with no set-up fees or hidden charges. Visit buzzshot.com/repod to learn more about this exclusive offer.
COGS by Clockwork Dog is an easy to use software/ hardware platform for running interactive events, including escape rooms, and other immersive experiences. They have plug & play hardware that seamlessly integrates with their software so you can create a show with lighting and sound cues without having to write a single line of code. Map all kinds of inputs to outputs by building up simple logic steps which determine what you want to happen and when.
Special Offer for REPOD Listeners:
REPOD listeners can get the COGS Starter Set for only $130 + free shipping to the USA. This bundle is usually valued at $257. You can learn more and purchase your Starter Set at cogs.show. Use code REPOD at checkout.
We are also supported by our listeners, many of whom back us on Patreon. We are so thankful for the support from our Patreon community. Please consider joining.
Support Room Escape Artist’s Mission
The money that we make from these helps us to grow the site and continue to add more value to the community that we love so much.