The show notes include the the episode summary, links to resources mentioned in the episode, the guest’s bio, and of course, the link to listen.
Stay tuned for Season 4, coming in fall 2022.
- Episode 12: RECON Boston 22: All About the Reality Escape Convention
- Episode 11: The Puzzler: Best-Selling Author A.J. Jacobs
- Episode 10: Environmental Storytelling: Jeff Leinenveber and Jarrett Lantz Creators of The Nest
- Episode 9: The Mailbag Episode
- Episode 8: Chris Waters: The Architect of Constructed Adventures
- Episode 7: Adrenaline Mapping and Escape Room Design with Tommy Honton, creator of Stash House
- Episode 6: Hillary Manning: Puzzle Design Expert on Create The Escape
- Episode 5: Matt Leacock: Creator of Pandemic
- Episode 4: The Nerd Whisperer: Gabby Pascuzzi of Survivor David vs. Goliath
- Episode 3: Interactive Narrative: Kathryn Yu of No Proscenium
- Episode 2: Pushing Boundaries Safely: Johanna Koljonen & Nordic Larp
- Episode 1: Art Meets Gameplay at Immersia Escape Games
- Episode 8: The Cinematic Delusions of Jon Braver
- Episode 7: The Puzzletales of Rita Orlov, creator of The Light in the Mist
- Episode 6: Puppets, Haunts, & Pranks—Brian Corbitt, Creator of Miss Jezebel
- Episode 5: RECON Rising: A Look Behind the Scenes at the Reality Escape Convention
- Episode 4: The King of Smash – Ken Hoang on Competitive Gaming
- Episode 3: Creative Alchemy: Sarah Zhang & The Pursuit of the Assassin Artist
- Episode 2: Nick Moran: Reinventing Escape Games with Innovative Structures
- Episode 1: The Curious Mind of Neil Patrick Harris, Creator of Box One
- Episode 8: Season Finale Wrap Up with Room Escape Artist Puppetmaster: Lisa Spira
- Episode 7: Chris Lattner: The Gordon Ramsay of Escape Rooms
- Episode 6: Anthony Robinson on Immersion, Larp, & Survivor
- Episode 5: Six Artists & One Programmer – Barry Meade on Creating The Room
- Episode 4: Escape Room Storytelling Through Spectacle, CU Adventures Anne & Chris Lukeman
- Episode 3: Juliana Moreno Patel and Ariel Rubin (Wild Optimists, Escape Room in a Box)
- Episode 2: Survivor Challenge Consultant Myles Nye (Wise Guys Events)
- Episode 1: Trailblazing Game Designer Elan Lee (ARG, Exploding Kittens)
- Episode 0: Blastoff! Room Escape Pod Launch 🚀
Welcome to The Reality Escape Pod, your lifeline when you need a getaway from the real world.
With this Podcast, your hosts David Spira & Peih-Gee Law explore immersive gaming from all angles, alongside guests with incredible experience in this realm.
Our guests have made awesome stuff: ARGs, puzzle hunts, tabletop games, and of course, escape rooms… to name a few. Our aim is to bring together different segments of the gaming world and share ideas between them.
The Reality Escape Pod is brought to you by co-hosts David Spira and Peih-Gee Law.
Room Escape Artist readers already know David. He’s one half of the driving force behind REA. They likely know Peih-Gee as well. She started writing for REA as a Hivemind reviewer early in 2020, and she hosted the Q&A sessions for RECON ‘20 Global.
David and Peih-Gee met, appropriately enough, when they both appeared as guests on No Proscenium’s podcast to discuss immersive gaming and Survivor (which Peih-Gee considers the world’s greatest immersive game). Peih-Gee is a former two-time contestant on Survivor and also an enthusiastic ambassador for the immersive gaming community.
In the course of working together on REA and RECON, David and Peih-Gee enjoyed countless conversations about the escape room industry, trading war stories and opinions on everything escape room related. And then it clicked… these conversations were the foundation of the podcast David had been eyeing.
The Reality Escape Pod is produced as a season of episodes. Each podcast is a structured 30-60 minute interview with a knowledgeable guest.
While in-season, episodes are released once a week for free wherever you listen to podcasts.
Bonus companion episodes (for each weekly episode!) are available exclusively for REA Patreon backers.
Sponsors & Supporters
The Reality Escape Pod is brought to you by:
Virtual Escape Games specializes in virtual team-building adventures for teams anywhere around the globe, 24/7. And now introducing brand new non-hosted games for 1-6 players.
Discount Code for REPOD listeners:
- REA20 for 20% off a non-hosted game for 1-6 players
- TB20 for 20% off a team building adventure for any sized team!
We are also supported by our listeners, many of whom back us on Patreon. We are so thankful for the support from our Patreon community. Please consider joining.
Support Room Escape Artist’s Mission
The money that we make from these helps us to grow the site and continue to add more value to the community that we love so much.