“Chris, you’re a monster.”
Join us for spooky trivia games that test your escape room knowledge and scary stories to tell in the dark. Peih-Gee takes over hosting duties from David to present a ghostly and entertaining episode with guests Tommy Honton, and Anne & Chris Lukeman.
We learn about things like mummy brown and the origins of Halloween, a unique trick or treating tradition in the midwest, and a video game called Sanity’s Requiem, which gaslit its players into going mad. Play along with us on The Price is Fright, where we guess the number of escape rooms in the world with certain words in the title, such as “zombie” or “asylum.” And you don’t want to miss Chris’ terrifying tale of a group of friends who wander into an escape room and leave haunted with a mystery they’ll never figure out.
This is a special seasonal episode, and we’ll return to our usual format next week. We hope you have fun playing along on our Halloween Spooktacular Special. Happy Hauntings!
Thank You to Our Sponsors
We are immensely grateful to our sponsors this season: Morty App, Buzzshot, and COGS. We truly appreciate your support of our mission to promote and improve the immersive gaming community.
Morty is a free app for discovering, planning, tracking, and reviewing your escape rooms and other immersive social outings.
- Morty now features haunt attractions!
- Morty for Android is here and in public beta.
Special Badge for REPOD listeners:
You can learn more at MortyApp.com/REPOD to sign up and get a special badge for our listeners. (This works for existing users too!)
Buzzshot is Escape Room Software, Powering Business Growth, Player Marketing, and improving the Customer Experience. They offer an assortment of pre and post game features including robust waiver management, branded team photos, and streamlined review management for Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google Reviews, and Morty. Buzzshot now has integration with the other REPOD sponsors: Morty and COGS.
Special Offer for REPOD Listeners:
REPOD listeners get an extended 21-day free trial plus 20% off your first 3 months, with no set-up fees or hidden charges. Visit buzzshot.com/repod to learn more about this exclusive offer.
COGS by Clockwork Dog is an easy to use software/ hardware platform for running interactive events, including escape rooms, and other immersive experiences. They have plug & play hardware that seamlessly integrates with their software so you can create a show with lighting and sound cues without having to write a single line of code. Map all kinds of inputs to outputs by building up simple logic steps which determine what you want to happen and when.
Special Offer for REPOD Listeners:
REPOD listeners can get the COGS Starter Set for only $130 + free shipping to the USA. This bundle is usually valued at $257. You can learn more and purchase your Starter Set at cogs.show. Use code REPOD at checkout.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- [4:02] Peih-Gee hosts Halloween trivia with questions ranging from pumpkin spice to mummy brown.
- [14:17] Tommy shares a story about a St. Louis trick-or-treating tradition involving jokes.
- [17:22] Chris and Anne prepared a game called “The Price is Fright” where we guess how many escape rooms in the world, as listed on Morty, contain certain words like “cabin” or “zombie.”
- [30:30] Peih-Gee hosts her game, “Even Monsters Need Love,” where the guests must guess the monster from their dating profile.
- [37:11] Tommy tells us about a video game called Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem, which messes with the player’s mind, including making it seem like the volume was changing or there’s a fly on the screen.
- [40:18] Peih-Gee challenges the guests with her last game “B-Sides,” where they must figure out if the title is an escape room or horror B-movie.
- [47:05] Chris tells us a terrifying tale about a couple of friends who decided to play an escape room…
- [56:09] Anne and Chris tell us about their new escape room and some goodies they have prepared for holiday shoppers.
- [57:20] Tommy tells us about his new position teaching the art of escape room design to college students.
- [1:04:13] Tommy tells us a bonus story about a mysterious door he discovers at his escape room, Stash House.
Leave us a voicemail
Got a question or thought for the podcast? You can submit a voice recording by calling the Room Escape Artist not-so-hotline that always goes straight to voicemail (551-227-7273).
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- REPOD Season 1, Episode 4: Escape Room Storytelling Through Spectacle, CU Adventures Anne & Chris Lukeman
- REPOD Season 3, Episode 7: Adrenaline Mapping and Escape Room Design with Tommy Honton, creator of Stash House
- REA Review
Guests: Terrified Tommy Honton, Craven Chris Lukeman, and Apparition Anne Lukeman
- Subscribe to Patreon for bonus content.
- Support Perplexor’s Puzzles and REPOD by using our affiliate code “REPOD” for 10% off purchases.
- Please rate and review our podcast!
Thanks for listening!
Support Room Escape Artist’s Mission
The money that we make from these helps us to grow the site and continue to add more value to the community that we love so much.