By purchasing a ticket to Escape, Immerse, Explore: New Orleans 2018 (hereinafter EVENT), ticket purchaser (hereinafter PARTICIPANT) agrees to the following:
- All PARTICIPANTs must be at least 18 years of age.
- EVENT tickets are non-refundable.
- Room Escape Artist (hereinafter REA) may share PARTICIPANT’s personal information with vendors, event staff, and others as necessary for the purposes of the event. REA will not otherwise share that information for marketing or any other purposes without PARTICIPANT’s consent unless required by law.
- EVENT tickets give admission into group activities that will include 2-50 other participants.
- PARTICIPANT may select an escape room tour (hereinafter TOUR) group of exactly 4 or exactly 6 participants or PARTICIPANT may select one other participant to be grouped with. REA will honor reciprocal grouping requests.
- If PARTICIPANT does not select a group for the TOUR, REA will assign the PARTICIPANT to a group.
- PARTICIPANT will have the opportunity to provide adequate information to inform their TOUR experience. REA will design TOURS based on the information provided.
- PARTICIPANT will not cause problems for other participants, event staff, or EVENT vendors. PARTICIPANT agrees to treat all other participants, event staff, escape room and activity facilities, and escape room and activity staff with respect.
- PARTICIPANT understands that they are responsible for their mobility, health, or safety.
- PARTICIPANT is mentally and physically healthy enough to participate in EVENT, which may include walking, standing, crawling, climbing stairs, loud noises, bright lights, darkness, being alone, and riding the subway.
- PARTICIPANT will NOT arrive at the EVENT under the influence of any drugs or alcohol. PARTICIPANT will refrain from imbibing any drugs or alcohol during EVENT activities.
- PARTICIPANT is responsible for their own travel to New York City and lodging in/near New York City.
Postponement of EVENT
In the event that EVENT is postponed due to any occurrence not occasioned by the conduct of REA, whether such occurrence be an Act of God or the common enemy or the result of war, riot, civil commotion, sovereign conduct, or the act or conduct of any person or persons not party or privy to this agreement, then the performance of the parties under this agreement shall be excused for such period of time as is reasonably necessary after such occurrence to remedy the effects thereof, and in any event for the duration of such postponement. REA shall not be liable for any loss or damage to PARTICIPANT, which may be caused by or associated with any postponement of EVENT.
This agreement shall not constitute or be considered a partnership, employer-employee relationship, joint venture or agency between PARTICIPANT and VENDOR. PARTICIPANT hereby agrees to and does indemnify, hold harmless and defend REA, and their respective agents and officers, and facility from and against any and all liability, responsibility, loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind whatsoever (including but not limited to cost, interest and attorney’s fees) which REA may incur, suffer, be put to, pay or be required to pay, incident to or arising directly from any act or omission by PARTICIPANT. PARTICIPANT further agrees that REA, its agents, officers, successors, and their respective agents, employees and the facility shall not be responsible in any way for (a.) damage, loss or destruction of any property of PARTICIPANT or (b.) injury to PARTICIPANT.