A birthday without puzzles is sad.
Location: at home
Date Played: April 14, 2018
Team size: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯; we recommend 1-2
Price: £4.25 (approximately $5.77) plus shipping costs for the UK and international destinations
A puzzle card is like a gift and a card rolled up into one very thin package. For the right recipient, this thing would be an great birthday treat.
Who is this for?
- A puzzler celebrating the anniversary of their birth
- It’s a birthday card with a puzzle inside.
The Escape the Room Puzzle Birthday Card is exactly what the name suggests: It’s a miniature text- and image-based escape room birthday card.
Everything is self contained within the card with the notable exception of the answer mechanism, which requires the solver to visit a web site.
The card is large (A4), printed on heavy card stock, and covered in puzzle-related content. There is also a small outlined space on the back for writing your message to the recipient.
+ It’s a birthday card with a puzzle! How great is that?
+ The puzzles resolve cleanly. While they likely won’t blow your mind, they offer a touch of challenge.
– The birthday card isn’t aesthetically pleasing.
– There were a pair of typos in the opening paragraph (unless these were British-isms that simply read wrong to our American eyes). We spent a portion of our solve time trying to figure out what they meant only to find that they did not factor in at all.
+ The answer verification mechanism was smart.
Tips for Using
- Ignore the typos. They aren’t part of the puzzle.
- Make sure that you have a web browser handy to submit your answer.
Order your Puzzle Card Birthday Card, and tell them that the Room Escape Artist sent you.
Aww…seems like they’re not willing to ship to the west coast :'(
And it was even just in time for the wife’s birthday
I have confirmation from the company that they will ship internationally, but I believe you might have to contact them directly for it at this point. Their website might not be set up for it yet. I’ve reached out to them to confirm this and I’ll let you know the best way to get these outside of the UK asap.
And we have confirmation that international shipping is now an option.