Your escape room is new. Woot! Welcome to the community. Here’s an all-too-often overlooked detail.
Get your company on the maps!
No… not the litany of escape room maps and lists like ours and the Escape Room Directory. However, if you want to add yourself to them (and about 5 other listings), you should submit your company’s information to the Escape Room Submitter.
You absolutely need to get your company properly listed on the mainstream mapping sites.
- Google Maps
- Apple Maps
- Bing Maps
Don’t just get listed
Getting listed is just the first step.
Once your company is appearing on the maps, you need to do some extra work to ensure a smooth experience for your customers:
- Verify that the pin is in the correct place on the map.
- Go some distance from your company and load it up on these mapping apps.
- Follow the turn-by-turn directions from all of them to your place of business.
- Don’t cheat; really follow the directions that the apps give you.
- Don’t stop until you’ve reached your door.
You want to do this for two reasons:
- They may not take you where you need to go. If that’s the case, submit the necessary corrections to the map sites.
- They might get you most of the way, but not to the front door. If this is the case, use this knowledge to strategically place signage.
Remember that the customer experience begins long before the customer sets foot in your game.
The first puzzle of your escape room should not be finding it.