Back in January we did a piece on the Escape Room Owners group, looking into complaints about people not being approved for admission, and explaining how to gain entry to the group.
Since then, the process has changed just a bit. It’s better now.
Current Application Statuses
The admins listened to the complaints and cleared the queue. All applications have either been confirmed and approved, or investigated and rejected.
After clearing the queue, Brian Warner & Nate Shane stepped down as admins. Erick Gyrion remained and brought on Megan Mouton of Clue Carré.
We know Megan and we can attest that she’s on top of things. She reached out to inform us of the updated application process.
Updated Owners Group Admission Process
Quickest way to get approved:
- Have your Facebook profile read “Owner at _____________ Escape Game.”
- Apply to join the Escape Room Owners Group
- Follow the instructions when you apply which read: “Are you an escape room owner? Is your business open and accepting bookings? If so, please message Erick James Gyrion or Megan Lucy Mouton with proof. Thank you!”
If everything checks out, then you’ll be approved promptly. It seems that 75% of applicants ignore step 3 and it slows down their application.
When I emailed with Megan yesterday, they had only 4 requests in the hopper. She says they get between 10 and 20 applicants per day… so they’re on top of this. If you don’t follow the instructions listed above, Megan will reach out to you through Facebook Messenger (which is an unnecessary kindness).
If Megan reaches out:
- She will send you a private Facebook message asking:
- What escape room company do you own?
- Are you open and selling tickets?
- Can you provide proof that you are currently operating?
- If you fail to reply within a few days, she will decline your request.
Who is allowed and who isn’t?
This is one of few exclusive Facebook groups. It is specifically a resource for owners. Managers, employees, and yours truly are not going to be approved.
Recommended Alternative Facebook Groups
Escape Room Start Up for more business-focused discussion.
Escape Room Enthusiast for more player-focused discussion (that sometimes turns business-y). Please be kind to the enthusiast community. These are your customers.
Everything Immersive for a broad mixture of business, news, and player/ participant discussion about all sorts of immersive entertainment.