We have some great news from New York Toy Fair!
This is a strange event: it’s a massive convention center full of toys… and no children anywhere in sight!
At New York Toy Fair, retailers and distributors promote all their latest products and those soon to be released. This is an industry-only event, held in the New York Javits Center, with booths spanning two floors.
Toy Fair 2020
This year – our fourth year attending New York Toy Fair – we were excited by the variety of offerings coming soon to the play-at-home escape room market. Moreover, in our conversations with the vendors, we were impressed by a dedication to quality products.
We learned what’s new on the market and coming soon in 2020 from many of our favorite tabletop escape room brands:
- USAopoly is introducing Scooby-Doo: Escape from the Haunted Mansion
- Ravensburger – publishers of Escape Puzzles
- Think Fun – publishers of the one of the first tabletop escape rooms, Mystery at the Stargazer’s Manor
- Thames & Kosmos – publishers of Exit: The Game
- Asmodee – publishers of Unlock! and Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
- University Games – a company readers have been asking about… reviews coming soon!
- Hunt a Killer
- YULU Games – publishers of the Spy Code kids games
- Professor Puzzle – publishers of Escape from the Grand Hotel
… and many more.
Learn the Details
If you’re interested in what’s coming soon in tabletop escape games, we shared more details with our Patreon backers in our Toy Fair Video Hot Take.
We’re looking forward to the escape room and immersive industry events of 2020. We’ll be sharing our reports, reactions, and analyses of these events – written and video – with our Patreon backers.
Next up: We’ll be attending HERE Summit & Festival in Pasadena, CA, where we will be moderating a panel of escape room creators.
HERE is a 3-day event bringing together the trades of embodied experience design, weaving together practices and creators working in immersive theater, mixed reality, game design, theme parks, and escape rooms.
When you support us through Patreon at $5 per month or more, you’ll receive a peek at HERE from the Room Escape Artist perspective.
Support Room Escape Artist’s Mission
There are lots of ways to support Room Escape Artist, like buying from Amazon, Etsy, or Art of Play after clicking into the links included in this post or backing us on Patreon.
The money that we make from these helps us to grow the site and continue to add more value to the community that we love so much.