The 2020 IndieCade Festival is happening on the Internet… because that’s where everything is happening this year.
We’ve been talking to the folks from IndieCade for years about doing a session with them, and this was the first time that the stars aligned… so here are the details (and a few other sessions that we think you’ll want to watch):
The Evolving Business of Escape Rooms
When: Thursday, October 22 from 9:00 – 9:45AM Pacific / 12:00 – 12:45PM Eastern
Who: We’ll be joining Juliana & Ariel from The Wild Optimists, and Elan Lee from Exploding Kittens (yes, the Exploding Kittens)
What: Escape Rooms, one of the fastest-growing sectors in games, has always been the site of bold innovation. The pandemic created upheaval. This was inevitable for a medium formed around the idea of physical, group interactivity. While early adaptation allowed escape room businesses to survive, creators continued to evolve the online medium to explore new areas: creating new styles of interaction and broadening accessibility. This panel of accomplished escape room designers, players, and researchers will discuss what has been lost, but also how these creators are pushing their industry to thrive in a future that is both online and in real life.
While much of IndieCade is free, our session is only available to folks with a Plus ($45) or Premium ($155) pass. So grab your tickets before we’re on stage.
IndieCade is 10 days long and packed with games to play, people to meet, and things to learn. We’re excited to be a part of it.
Other Must-See Sessions
- Expert Roundtable: Influence of Escape Rooms on Video Games (Premium/Plus)
- This session has passed, but reruns are available on IndieCade’s Twitch channel
- Speakers: Henry Smith, Laura E. Hall, Mink Ette, William Stacey, and Kim Belair (who spoke at RECON 2020)
- Finalist Session: Mixing Realities (Premium/Plus)
- Friday, October 23, 7:00-7:45AM Pacific / 10:00-10:45AM Eastern
- Eva Anderson, Mark Backler, Mattieu Begin, Patrick Jagoda, Ricky Helgesson, and Tommy Honton
This is just a small selection of the many great sessions that IndieCade has to offer. We hope that you learn lots and play more.