You need an escape room fix, and you need it right this very moment. We have your back.
These are escape games you can play whenever you want, wherever you are.
You don’t need to book in advance. There is no live host. It doesn’t matter what time zone you’re in. You can simply purchase and play the game immediately.
There are a variety of styles available.
If you’re in the mood to play an escape room right now, here are our recommendations.
Hivemind Reviewer Favorites
Listed alphabetically by style
Point-and-Click Adventure Game
- Alone Together & Together Apart, Enchambered
- M.A.R.V.O Archives: Online Escape Room Adventure, Marvo Mysteries
- Return of the Mayan Curse, Gaggle Studios
- Sapphire Palace, Palace Games
- The Cyphstress, Deadlocked Escape Rooms
- The Lost Temple & Floor 13 (review coming soon), CU Adventures in Time & Space
- Print + Cut + Escape 1: Stolen IQ & Episode 2: Alpha Brain System, clueQuest
- The Social Distancing Puzzles, Eric Berlin
Light Puzzle Hunt
- A Death in the Red Light, Mystery City Games
- Colby’s Curious Cookoff, Boxaroo
- The Insiders, Deadlocked Escape Rooms
- The Room VR: A Dark Matter, Fireproof Games (and also… vote for this LEGO IDEAS project to bring the iconic safe from this series to life!)
Are These Escape Games?
It’s a loose definition, sure, but our answer is yes.
These games all make use of escape room style solving in different ways:
- aha-moments combined with process puzzles
- an element of discovery
- collaborative solves requiring teamwork
- mission-based adventures
Plus, many of these games are created by escape room companies, some even as extensions of the world of their real-life escape games.