This is a neat trick.
Price: $8 – $26 per pack
When one of our friends whipped out a FriXion pen, wrote a bit, and effortlessly erased it without making a mess I pulled out my phone and ordered a package on Amazon right then and there. Ever since, these things have become our go-to pens for puzzling.
Who is this for?
- Paper puzzlers
- Adults who are also kind of kids
- The pens write beautifully.
- They are fully erasable.
- The eraser creates absolutely no debris.
- They come in fun colors.
FiXion pens are loaded with thermo-sensitive gel ink. The eraser is a rubber nub that, when rubbed against the ink, heats it up and makes it disappear.
+ The FriXion pens look great.
+ They feel nice to hold and are easy to write with.
+ The eraser works incredibly well and leaves behind no eraser debris.
– The friction of the eraser is a little bit harsh on thinner paper stock. In one of the puzzles that we’re reviewing, we almost destroyed a page when erasing… so we reluctantly switched back to pencil for that one puzzle series.
+ FriXion pens come in packages of professional black and blue… and packages of more entertaining colors.
Tips for Using
- The actuator for opening & closing the pen is the clip, not the eraser. The adjusted location takes some getting used to.
(If you purchase via our Amazon links, you will help support Room Escape Artist as we will receive a very small percentage of the sale.)