The ER Champ will be back this November as an international online escape room competition.
- Sign up in teams of 2-4 players
- Participation is free
- Games are point-and-click style
- The qualification stage takes place on November 13
- The top 100 teams in qualification advance to the finale on November 27
- Hosted by Lock.me, based in Poland, where this event originated in 2017
About Escape Room Competition
Escape rooms did not originate as competitive games. Their transition into competitive formats isn’t always easy. We discuss that a bit in this piece about the EGOlympics. And we dive into this more deeply with Ken Hoang on Season 2, Episode 4 of the Reality Escape Pod.
This event, however, is designed to be a competition… So bring your A-team. There will be some fierce competitors from around the world in the mix.
Should I Play?
This event is designed for escape room enthusiasts.
If you like to race through games and set records, this is probably your type of event.
If you prefer to savor the details of your experiences, you probably won’t enjoy this as much.
Of note, this year’s competition is best suited to players who enjoy point-and-click games.
To learn more and sign up, visit ER Champ.