This company is now called Impossible Escapes.
Location: Loganville, GA
Date Played: March 23, 2018
Team size: up to 10; we recommend 3-4
Duration: 60 minutes
Price: $25 per adult ticket, $22 per military/police/fire/teacher tickets, $20 per child ticket
Beach Escape was a standard escape room. It had good puzzles, but didn’t quite flow smoothly. Through the game, the vibe shifted from calm and relaxing to very light horror. We recommend Beach Escape for beginners.
If you’re a local looking to check out an introductory escape room, give this one a try.
Who is this for?
- Best for beginners
- Players who like the idea of very light horror
- For a basic escape room experience
We’d booked a vacation rental by the beach. Once we found ourselves locked in, we realized that the property owner probably didn’t intend for us to get out.
Our vacation rental had a locked door, but a window to the outside. It had basic furniture and white walls adorned with a wall hangings. It felt homey.
Escape Plan GA’s Beach Escape was a standard escape room with a moderate level of difficulty.
Core gameplay revolved around searching and puzzling.
+ The initial space felt cute and cozy.
– Escape Plan GA painted a window into the wall of their locked vacation home. Why wouldn’t we escape through the window? It would seem pretty viable if our lives were in danger.
+ As we explored our rental property, we opened up more space with an interesting trick we don’t often see.
– The puzzle progression felt helter-skelter. Our access to various puzzle components and inputs felt out of whack. Puzzle to lock relation wasn’t well clued. This was further exacerbated by the threat of a lockout safe.
– We were too gentle with the gamespace. It wasn’t clear from the initial instructions that we should be manipulating items that most definitely needed prodding.
– As the story escalated, the set and puzzle design became hokey, which didn’t support the narrative or create a sense of urgency.
Tips for Visiting
- Parking: There is parking out front.
Book your hour with Escape Plan GA’s Beach Escape, and tell them that the Room Escape Artist sent you.
Disclosure: Escape Plan GA provided media discounted tickets for this game.