Update 4/6/21: If you enjoy this episode of the No Proscenium Podcast, we hope you’ll check out S1E6 of The Reality Escape Pod, where David and Peih-Gee host Anthony.
Prior to Survivor Season 39 I sat down with former Survivor contestants and escape room fans Peih-Gee Law and Anthony Robinson (also of No Proscenium) to discuss the upcoming season and talk about escape rooms.
With the start of Season 40 on the horizon (ok, now 1 episode in), we recorded another conversation in the same vain.
We talked the messiness that was Season 39… and we dug into what’s happening in the “all winners” Season 40… and we talked escape rooms/ Survivors playing escape rooms.
- 0:00 – Housekeeping
- 7:15 – Anthony introduces the episode
- 8:40 – Introductions of Peih-Gee and David
- 10:00 – What has David been up to since last podcast with Anthony + what are escape room tours?
- 14:27 – What has Peih-Gee been up to since the last podcast?
- 16:25 – How selling jewelry is like playing Survivor
- 19:00 – What escape rooms have Peih-Gee and Anthony played recently that they liked?
- 22:36 – David praises Doldrick’s Escape Room in Orlando, FL
- 23:35 – Peih-Gee chats playing an escape room with other Survivor players for charity
- 27:00 – Talking the most escape rooms ever in 24 hours + how many could you play in a row?
- 29:15 – Peih-Gee talks longer-format weekend-immersive games
- 31:35 – The ugliness of Survivor season 39
- 36:45 – Peih-Gee talks how her time playing compares to the season 39 situation
- 40:25 – Other dark times in Survivor history
- 45:48 – Using bullying and negativity as a game tactic
- 48:45 – Survivor season 40 initial thoughts
- 50:00 – Survivor season 40 winner picks + who would you go after first?
- 54:10 – Preexisting relationships + how much pregaming happens?
- 58:15 – Getting back to season 40 winner picks – dark horses
- 1:03:10 – More season 40 winner picks – bigger threats
- 1:10:45 – Talking fire tokens and edge of extinction
- 1:14:00 – What Survivor challenges do you want to see again?
- 1:18:15 – The classic Survivor family visit
- 1:20:10 – Last thoughts on season 40
- 1:20:45 – What are Peih-Gee and Anthony eager to play?
- 1:23:40 – Closing housekeeping
Thank you to REA reader and Survivor fan Greg Marinelli for the timestamps.